Easy to make Indian Cardamom Rice Pudding/Kheer Recipe for you.
Ingredients for Indian Cardamom Rice Pudding Recipe
- ½ tsp saffron strands
- 2 liters full cream milk
- 25 green cardamom pods, peeled and crushed
- 100g basmati or long grain rice
- 100g caster sugar
- 100ml double cream
- 2 tsp pure rosewater
- 3 tbsp almonds, chopped
- 50g raisins, soaked in hot water
Method for Indian Cardamom Rice Pudding Recipe
- STEP 1: Soak the saffron strands in 2-3 tbsp of warm water. Crush it gently with the back of a teaspoon – this will help release the flavor and color.
- STEP 2: Heat the milk and boil it with the crushed green cardamom pods in a sturdy pan. When it comes to the boiling point, add the rice(semi cooked) into the milk. Simmer until the rice turns really soft; it takes about 40-45 mins. Stir often to prevent burning
- STEP 3: Add the sugar to the boiling kheer and keep stirring until dissolved. You can scoop out the cardamom pods if you like.
- STEP 4: Stir in the rosewater and gradually add the cream and saffron along with its soaking liquid to flavor the kheer lightly. Stir in the chopped almonds and drained raisins and serve either piping hot or chilled.
This is a popular dish made and served in South India during the harvest festival. This dessert is often made with jaggery to make it taste different and healthy. In North India, it is served hot during harvest festival, Diwali and more.
You can buy Indian spices online at elephantrunk.
Buy best quality Indian spices like Saffron, Pepper, cardamom online from Kerala at best prices. Handpicked cardamom from tea gardens of Idukki will be delivered at your doorstep. Elephantrunk brings finest quality spices since 1974.
Popularly known as Krishna stores, Krishna Spices, Krishna Super Spices is the first Spices shop in Munnar, started in the year 1974. Traditionally begun, family-run stores, with its famous, authentic offerings across food and wellness categories, today owns four stores across Munnar and delivers best quality Indian Spices across India, UAE, USA and UK. Shop with us www.elephantrunk.in and support local farmers and upcoming native business.