Cinnamon and Honey are both widely famous for their health benefits and how the both of them together form a pretty unbeatable combo. For centuries, Ayurveda has believed in these two as a cure for multiple ailments. It goes without a doubt that it is a unique and rich pairing that can be used in endless ways. From oatmeal, to teas to even baked goods, it can elevate pretty much anything and everything in terms of flavor.
To just believe that a certain food item is that good for you, could make anyone skeptical about it, we wouldn’t blame you. But we’re here well backed up with scientific reasons as to why you must try honey with cinnamon for all its health benefits and also make it a part of your daily diet. Let's shine some light on how both of them are hidden gems for your health and well being.
- Packed with antioxidants: Cinnamon Honey contains antioxidants such as flavonoids and phenolic acids. Antioxidants help in neutralizing reactive oxygen species in your body, which can build up in cells and cause damage. Hence conditions such as premature ageing, type 2 diabetes, and heart disease are prevented by consuming cinnamon honey regularly.
- Improve heart health: Honey and cinnamon both have unique properties that may lower the risks of developing any future heart complications. Honey lowers bad cholesterol levels and helps increase good cholesterol levels in the body just by consuming a spoonful every single day. Cinnamon also helps regulate healthy cholesterol levels in the body.
- Bladder Infection: The amalgam of honey and cinnamon also works wonders on treating bladder infections. Their germ killing characteristics together work as a bacteria killing agent against many sorts of bladder infections.
- Heals Wounds: Cinnamon and honey both have healing properties and both of them help in taking down any sort of inflammation present in the mouth or throat. It is very common to see people drinking cinnamon honey mixed in lukewarm water for sore throat or even infections in the mouth. Other than this, this combination is also applied on wounds such as foot ulcers to help speed up the healing process.
- Arthritis: In a study, it was revealed that a concoction of these two ayurvedic stars has led to better management of arthritis. It helped manage and reduce the pain over time amongst those suffering from arthritis or as a matter of fact any sort of joint pain. Keeping in mind that they had to consume it for a long period of time before feeling any significant amount of change.
It goes without saying that honey and cinnamon pack a punch of dietary benefits and they can improve health over time. But like any other natural remedy, there are several things to be kept in mind as well.
- Consistency: Consistency plays a key role in any course of treatment or home-made remedy. Only in cases where the mix is taken regularly, have significant results come forward. By making this a routine habit and eventually a part of your lifestyle, you’re opening yourself to a healthier version of yourself.
- Quality: Only good quality honey and cinnamon would give the desired results. Cinnamon used in ElephanTrunk Cinnamon Honey is sourced from the best known herb plantations in Kerala and with minimal processing, maintaining its most natural form.
Cinnamon Honey is a well trusted Ayurvedic combination which is not only a delicious pairing but also an immunity booster. It helps heal, strengthen and kill bacteria all at once. Try incorporating it in your meals little by little to enjoy its endless benefits!