Cardamom from Idukki, Kerala, adds its unique distinct flavor and aroma to the finest gourmet food in cuisines worldwide. It's the world's third most expensive spice and is universally acknowledged as the queen of spices. Elephantrunk Green Cardamom traces its origins to select estates of the Western Ghats in Idukki. These handpicked extra large pods pack an intense flavor with their bold, sweet-floral, and peppery notes characteristic of Idukki Cardamom. Cardamom is a carefully cultivated spice that needs shade and a lot of water. With its rich loamy soil and plentiful nocturnal rain, Idukki ensures the best conditions for Cardamom to grow. No wonder this region has been the home of the sweetest Cardamom for hundreds of years! Today, Elephantrunk ensures that this regal spice finds a place in every connoisseur's kitchen.
Cardamom is a spice with an intense, slightly sweet flavor.
The seeds, oils, and cardamom extracts are thought to have impressive medicinal properties and have been used in traditional medicine and Ayurveda for centuries.
Here are the health benefits of Cardamom, backed by science.
1.Lowers high blood pressure: Most likely due to its antioxidant and diuretic properties.
2. Supports weight loss: Cardamom boosts energy metabolism and helps the body burn more fat efficiently.
3. Secret to longevity: Cardamon tea helps to flush out toxins and keeps your internal systems clean. According to Chinese tradition, drinking cardamom tea is known to be the secret to longevity.
4. Cures cough and cold: Cardamom is packed with antioxidants, and it imparts warmth to the body.
5. Prevents bad breath: Major component of cardamom oil called cineole that promotes oral hygiene.
Cardamom is an aromatic seed pod used in many Indian preparations, such as a creamy kheer or a rich biryani. It lends a distinct aroma and a sweet flavor, which makes the dish almost intriguing.
How to include Cardamom in an everyday diet?
1. Steep some pods in water along with honey and drink this cardamom tea as an effective natural remedy for flu.
2. Add teaspoon coriander and one pinch of Cardamom with 1 cup of freshly squeezed peach/lemon/orange juice.
3. Boil 3-4 pods along with milk and turmeric and enjoy flavored milk every day
Green cardamom pods are packed with essentials vitamins and minerals that are not just great for our health but also skin. Green Cardamom can treat many skin problems like acne, dead skin, and dullness, among others.
Let's first quickly take you through some excellent benefits of using Cardamom for the skin.
Gives your skin a natural glow.
Cardamom has vitamin C, which works as an antioxidant and improves blood circulation, and makes your skin glow.
Cardamom is packed with antioxidants that fight free radicals in the skin. These free radicals damage the skin and make it look old.
For Skin Cleansing
It is best to use natural face cleansers rather than relying on chemical loaded face soaps and face washes that harm your skin in the long run.
For all those who have been shying away from this beautiful spice, it's time to embrace it, and we have given you enough reasons to do so.
Buy best quality cardamom online from Kerala at best prices. Handpicked cardamom from tea gardens of Idukki will be delivered at your doorstep. Elephantrunk brings finest quality spices since 1974.
Popularly known as Krishna stores, Krishna Spices, Krishna Super Spices is the first Spices shop in Munnar, started in the year 1974. Traditionally begun, family-run stores, with its famous, authentic offerings across food and wellness categories, today owns four stores across Munnar and delivers best quality Indian Spices across India, UAE, USA and UK. Shop with us www.elephantrunk.in and support local farmers and upcoming native business.
Back to Blog