Cinnamon is one of the most versatile spices out there that teaches other spices new tricks. It offers a wintry warmer touch to the dish and brings out the best of other flavours; it can enhance the accents of pineapple and mango, subtly giving a new direction to banana and carrot. It tastes even better when you know that this spice has antioxidants and is anti-diabetic. Some studies have found that even small daily doses can raise good cholesterol while reducing bad cholesterol. And knowing its great historical significance only makes it richer. The best and the most exciting way to enjoy cinnamon flavours and health benefits is by infusing the spice in your desserts. Cinnamon rolls are super delectable desserts if you know the right recipes. Today, we will share with you one such dessert recipe that is easy to make, and you can eat whenever you want without any guilt.
Crunchy on the outside and soft and warm on the inside, these rolls are enriched with a strong cinnamon scent. Contrary to popular belief, they are relatively simple to make, and you will know it in 2 mins; just keep reading. These simple homemade cinnamon rolls are ideal for those who are new to working with yeast. Each cinnamon roll has a beautiful swirl and is exceptionally soft, leaving you or your guests wanting more. This recipe is also ideal for making ahead dessert, especially if you must prepare rolls for a special event or holiday gathering. The rolls freeze beautifully and can be stored overnight. Pick from a variety of simple icing tastes to decorate the warm and gooey rolls.
One of the most popular recipes on our website is this simple cinnamon roll recipe, and for a good reason. These cinnamon rolls are traditional and homemade. Creating quick cinnamon rolls that retain the flavour and texture of classic overnight cinnamon rolls took us a lot of recipe testing and trial and error. But, THIS IS IT. And we assure you that cooking these simple cinnamon buns will make you feel 100 times better than when you open a box of pre-baked rolls from the store. Without any further ado, let's begin.
1 1/2 Cups flour (maida)
1/2 tbsp cinnamon powder
1 + 1/2 cup tbsp sugar + powdered sugar2
1/4 cup milk
2 cup butter (softened and salted) *in case you are using unsalted butter, add 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
*These quantities are apt to serve 4
- Add the flour, 1/2 cup butter, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder, and baking powder to a bowl. Combine everything. To get a smooth dough, add milk. Set apart.2
- Combine 2 Tbsp butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and 2 Tbsp cinnamon powder in a separate bowl. Stir everything until it forms a smooth mixture.3
- Roll the dough in a rectangle on a spotless slab. On the dough, evenly distribute the mixture. Slice it into 1 cm-wide strip, then roll it up carefully. 4
- Arrange all of these cinnamon rolls on a greased tray.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Why You Will Enjoy These Simple Cinnamon Rolls
Traditional homemade cinnamon buns are just as wonderful, but they can be made in half the time.
- Fluffy and plush
- A swirl of oozy cinnamon sugar
- Simple enough for those new to yeast
- Excellent freezer-friendly and make-ahead recipe
Cinnamon rolls are a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that you must try at home. Follow these simple steps, and warm rolls will be ready in about 40 minutes.