The Best Indian Homemade Ginger Flavoured Tea Recipe and Some Ways To Spice It Up.
30 . October .2019Sonal Bangia0 Comments
Ginger flavored tea, or adrak wali chai is a standard household beverage in India. The strong aroma, flavor, and taste are thoroughly enjoyed in every household. Ginger flavored tea is also a conventional medication in our families.
There are many variations of tea made here. But this tea, it served as an elixir to common cold at home. The aroma of Ginger in the tea still reminds me of my grandmother's village. Even if there is a sneeze, my grandma will make this simple, quick tea that helped us cure a common cold, cough, and provide instant relief to cold-related headaches.
Grand ma's secret recipe:
- Wash, cut, peel and grate or crush about half an inch of fresh Ginger for teacups of tea.
- Crush or ground 3-4 cardamoms in a mortar and pestle.
- In a saucepan or kettle, bring half-a-cup of water to boil and add the crushed Ginger and Cardamom.
- Boil this mixture to about 5-7 minutes or until the water changes its color to a brownish hue. You can now smell the strong spicy aroma of Ginger.
- Now add 3-4 Teaspoon of Tea and boil it for a couple of minutes till the water gets a deep hue of red.
- Now add 1 cup of milk to this. The proportion of water and milk can be adjusted to individual choices.
- Simmer it for another couple of minutes and sieve it into your favorite mug.
You can enjoy this piping hot flavored ginger tea paired with your favorite breakfast or snack or just enjoy the drink to brighten up your day. Alternately, you can try our Ginger flavored tea blended perfectly according to my grandma's recipe.
Elephantrunk Ginger Flavored Tea
Elephantrunk's Ginger flavored tea is an energetic and authentic combination of Tea and Ginger. The spice ''hotness'' of Ginger partners beautifully with a Munnar tea grown at an elevation of 6,000 feet, to offer a deliciously unique and refreshing Tea. Ginger authentically grown in fields of Kerala with its prominent flavor is a digestive aid. The tea and spice are in authentic harmony with the fresh tea, balancing the piquancy of the Ginger to produce a reviving and enjoyable tea.